Any type of car accident can cause neck pain, especially if there is a rear-end or broadside impact. Our chiropractors at Chiro Fitness Chiropractic Physicians treat neck pain from auto accidents at our clinic in Deerfield Beach. We also treat patients from Boca Raton, Pompano, Coconut Creek, and other Florida Treasure Coast Communities. To keep your neck injury from becoming worse, see our team as soon as possible after an accident.
In most car accidents, a neck injury victim's head is violently thrown suddenly in one direction and then another. The vertebrae of the neck can become misaligned. Our chiropractor will characterize that misalignment and the functional loss that comes with it as a subluxation. Here are some of the symptoms of subluxations of a vertebra in the neck:
- Neck and shoulder pain.
- Stiffness of the neck and shoulders with an accompanying loss of range of motion.
- Intermittent pain, tingling, numbness, or weakness in one arm down to the hand.
- Headaches that often originate from the base of the skull.
- Difficulty with balance.
Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain
At Chiro Fitness Chiropractic Physicians, we recommend treatment for your injuries right away. Doing so reduces the chances of a chronic injury. We might use the following techniques and therapies to treat neck pain and injuries:
- Manual Spinal Adjustments: These adjustments are the foundation of chiropractic care and treatment. Misaligned vertebrae are gently returned to the position that they're intended to be in. These adjustments at the neck level work to improve the transmission of signals from the brain to other parts of the body. Your range of motion is increased while pain is reduced.
- Muscle Relaxation: Misaligned neck vertebrae typically impinge on the spinal nerves at the neck level. A muscle relaxation technique of gentle stretches to relieve painful spasms may be recommended. Relaxed muscles help to restore normal blood flow to an affected area of the spine. That blood carries nutrients that further promote healing. We recommend supplementing this treatment with specific at-home exercises to help prevent injuring the neck again.
Neck Pain Relief in Deerfield Beach, FL
Visit our team at Chiro Fitness Chiropractic Physicians as soon as possible after suffering neck pain from a car accident. Delaying treatment might only make your injury worse. We treat and care for patients from cities along Florida's Treasure Coast including Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Pompano, and Coconut Creek. Call us today at (954) 571-7088 to schedule a consultation.