Pain resulting from sciatica usually begins in the lower back and stretches down through your legs. Other times, it may even extend as far down to your feet. Sciatica is caused by nerve compression. When a bony spur or herniated disc presses against your sciatic nerve, the result is weakness, numbness in the legs, tingling sensations, and pain. Luckily, there are a variety of effective treatments for this condition. If you need relief or treatment for your sciatica, please feel free to visit us here at Chiro Fitness in Deerfield Beach.
There are different treatment options you can take advantage of to relieve your sciatica symptoms. There are a few nonsurgical treatment options that help people get better within several weeks using home remedies. Any of the following treatments can help in relieving your sciatica symptoms:
- Physical therapy - A physical therapist can assist you with exercise and stretching and even help to relieve some of the pressure off of the sciatic nerve. They can also develop a routine that is suitable for you.
- Stretching - Lower back stretches can be done at home to relieve sciatica pain.
- Exercise - Short walks may be a great start to help reduce inflammation, a potential cause of sciatica.
- Bed rest - Make sure that your bed rest is limited. A few days off of your feet tends to help with giving you the relief you need. It is important to have a mattress that is firm.
- Hot and cold packs - These can be applied to your lower back for several minutes a few times throughout the day. You can alternate between the two.
- Alternative therapies - Massage, biofeedback, yoga, and acupuncture can all help with sciatica pain.
Chiropractors can also help with a variety of treatment techniques. They can give you massage therapy that can help relieve sore muscles and tension. Chiropractors can also apply chiropractic adjustments using spinal manipulations that can help place a herniated disc back into position. Spinal decompression can also help relieve many causes of sciatica.
To schedule an appointment with a chiropractor with us here at Chiro Fitness, give us a call or visit our website. If you are suffering from sciatica pain, there are a variety of treatment options that can help with relieving your pain. Our office is located in Deerfield Beach.