Whiplash is typically associated with rear-end car accidents and an impact that forces a person’s head to be violently thrown forward and then backward. It can also occur in a side impact when the person's head is thrown from side to side. In either case, the instantaneous and forceful jerking of a driver's or passenger's head forward and then back or from side to side can tear muscles and tendons in the neck. Whiplash can result in pain, swelling, and loss of range of motion of the head and neck. At Chiro Fitness Chiropractic Physicians, we offer whiplash treatment and chiropractic care in Deerfield Beach, FL.
Whiplash injuries can be mild, moderate, or severe. Some common symptoms of victims of whiplash injuries include the following:
- Pain, tightness of the neck, and loss of range of motion
- Palpable tenderness
- Headaches starting from the base of the skull
- Blurred vision
- Shoulder pain
- Numbness in the arms
The Importance of Immediate Whiplash Treatment
For a fast and favorable outcome, active chiropractic whiplash treatment should be administered immediately. Without proper treatment, whiplash symptoms can worsen significantly. Early treatment can prevent permanent damage and lifelong symptoms. Here are some of the treatment modalities that are used in whiplash treatment at our office.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Whiplash symptoms are caused by cervical spine vertebrae that become misaligned after an impact. Gentle chiropractic adjustments work to reposition misaligned vertebrae back to their proper positions.
- Muscle Stimulation: This might be done with electricity or by hand. When performed with electricity, the patient feels no electrical shock when a muscle rapidly expands and contracts. When performed by hand, our chiropractor may gently and repeatedly stretch a muscle and then allow it to naturally contract.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Trigger points are sensitive areas of tight muscles. Our chiropractor can identify painful trigger points by feeling for them. Placing direct pressure on your trigger points by hand helps to reduce muscle spasms.
- Ultrasound Therapy: This form of treatment employs sound waves that are above the range of human hearing to stimulate inflamed muscles and tendons.
- Home Exercises: As soon as your whiplash symptoms are eliminated, home exercises will likely be recommended. These are used to restore your full range of motion and strengthen the affected area to reduce the chances of another injury to the same part of the neck.
Whiplash Treatment in Deerfield Beach, FL
If you have suffered whiplash in a car accident or another forceful impact, seek immediate whiplash treatment and chiropractic care at Chiro Fitness Chiropractic Physicians. We will examine and treat the underlying cause of your symptoms and create a personalized treatment plan for you. Call us today at (954) 571-7088 to schedule a consultation with one of our chiropractors.